jueves, 2 de abril de 2015

Arc Of Light by markg



We had just finished the Dark Skies of Wonder Astrophotography workshop at Lake Tekapo recently, when all of the sudden this stunning arc of light formed low to the horizon to the south. It was the Aurora Australis making an appearance, but somewhat rare, as the arc formation wasn't really seen that much in the southern hemisphere. I knew I had to get a photo of it, so jumped in my car to head to a location near Lake Alexandrina where we had been shooting earlier in the night. The location was perfect for the photo I had in mind. The Aurora was arcing behind the big old tree there, and the Magellanic Clouds were also stunning in the night sky. I composed the scene in front of me, and took the shot - this was certainly one night of astrophotography to remember... Keep up to date with my latest photos on Facebook Hang out with me on Google+ Follow me on Twitter Check out some behind the scenes on Instagram copyright 2015 | Mark Gee | theartofnight.com via 500px http://ift.tt/1EGbak2

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario