sábado, 21 de febrero de 2015

Ball of Fire in the Sky by tawatts



I really wish it had been much, much warmer when I was out early one morning to take this shot. It was quite windy that morning, and I was on my way to another location to shoot, but I had been too slow to get out of the house early enough to be on location well before sunrise. If my memory serves me correctly, I think with the wind chill that morning it was about -42 Celsius. Brrr! So, the beauty of this shot is that with all of the blowing snow in the air, it had created a bit of a low level filter for the sun. So, even though it had completely risen above the horizon when I was taking these shots, the sun is not overly bright and it giving off a really nice amber glow instead. This location is just south of Ottawa, across the road from the Carlton Raceway. I like that it is a very open field and flat for a great sunrise shot, but unfortunately there are power lines in the distance which in my mind takes away from the beauty of the openness of the scene. Camera: Nikon D800E Lens: Nikon AF-S 24mm prime Nikkor f/1.4G ED Bracketed exposure shots: No 11 shots wide @100 iso Camera Orientation: Portrait Camera Mode: Aperture Priority, f/8 Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada via 500px http://ift.tt/17BXdod

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario