miércoles, 4 de marzo de 2015

Sundown at Toroweap by JaredWarren



After almost a week at Death Valley with mostly bluebird skies, I was pretty exhausted and thinking about calling it good and heading home. However, I had considered a last stop at the Toroweap Overlook (Grand Canyon, North Rim) since I'd never been there before. I'm so glad I decided to go out there. I'm happy with this image I came away with, but the whole visit just rejuvenated me. So many things to enjoy: the fun 4x4 road out to the overlook, the breathtaking view, the peaceful solitude, the gorgeous campground (completely empty except for me). One of my favorite all-around places I've been to so far. Among the challenges in getting this image were the strong gusty winds coming up out of the canyon, so in addition to trying hard not to fall 3000 feet to my death I was trying to capture the small foreground tree without motion blur from the wind. I ended up using ISO 1600 for just the tree, and longer (ISO 100) exposures for the rest of the terrain. In all I blended 7 different exposures to capture the dynamic range in the sky and to get maximum sharpness in the foreground and midground. Hope you like it! Follow?: FACEBOOK Instagram: jaredwarrenphotography Twitter:@jaredsphotos via 500px http://ift.tt/1EiKSlG

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario